For Emergencies, Please Dial 911, All Other Calls 276-235-9580

On Friday, November 13, 2015, at 1:02am, the Galax Fire Department was dispatched for a structure fire at 376 Kenbrook Drive.  Upon arrival, the occupant was out of the residence.  The home owner was asleep at the time of the fire.  She was awakened by a smoke detector.  Her oven had malfunctioned and turned on, resulting in the fire.  After entering the structure, firefighters encountered light smoke inside the residence.  Firefighters quickly extinguished the oven fire using a fire extinguisher.  After ventilating the house and removing the oven, firefighters cleared the scene.  No injuries were reported.