For Emergencies, Please Dial 911, All Other Calls 276-235-9580

The department responded to a structure fire at 1005 Glendale Road on Wednesday, June 24, 2015, at 1:16pm. Upon arrival, units found smoke coming from the second floor of the structure. An attack crew entered the structure, and upon reaching the upstairs discovered heavy smoke. The fire appeared to have originated from an attended electrical appliance. The residents were at a neighbor’s house at the time of the fire. A child heard a smoke detector going off, and alerted adults to the situation. The home sustained minor heat and moderate smoke damage. Fire crews remained on scene less than an hour, and the Galax Police Department assisted with traffic control.