For Emergencies, Please Dial 911, All Other Calls 276-235-9580

On Saturday, June 13, 2015, worker’s arrived at the Galax Smokehouse around 5am to find the building full of smoke. Several firemen responded to the scene to assist with locating the source and ventilating the building, even though no alarm was sounded. A cooker had accidentally been left on through the night, creating the smoky environment. Fire department members remained on scene for a little over an hour. The Galax Smokehouse was able to open normally for business that day.